Wednesday, July 27, 2016

OF Bronze–and Blaze–


OF Bronze–and Blaze–
The North–Tonight–
So adequate–it forms–
So preconcerted with itself–
So distant–it alarms–
An Unconcern so sovereign
To Universe, or me–
Infects my simple spirit
With Taints of Majesty–
Till I take vaster attitudes–
And strut upon my stem–
Disdaining Men, and Oxygen,
For Arrogance of them―

My Splendors, are Menagerie–
But their Unrivaled Show
Will entertain the Centuries
When I am, long ago,
An Island in dishonored Grass–
Whom none but Beetles–know.

Emily takes a breath by the overwhelmingly cool beauty of the Aurora.

Tonight, the North
Of Bronze and Blaze
Forms so adequate,
And established with itself,
It alarms so distant
So sovereign indifference
To Universe, or me
And infects my simple spirit
With spot of Majesty
Till I take vaster attitudes
And stand upon my stem
Disdaining Men, and Oxygen,
For Arrogance of them―

My Splendors, are varieties–
But their Unmatched Show
Will entertain the Centuries
When I am just an Island
In abandoned Grass

That only Beetles know.

No comments:

Post a Comment