Saturday, March 26, 2016

One Life of so much Consequence!


One Life of so much Consequence!
Yet I ― for it ― would pay –
My Soul’s entire income –
In ceaseless ― salary –
One Pearl ― to me ― so signal –
That I would instant dive –
Although ― I knew ― to take it –
Would cost me ― just a life!
The Sea is full ― I know it!
That ― does not blur my Gem!
It burns ― distinct from all the row –
Intact ― in Diadem!
The life is thick ― I know it!
Yet ― not so dense a crowd –
But Monarchs ― are perceptible –
Far down the dustiest Road!
Emily Dickinson
Emily has precious things (Poetry?) worthy of Life!
One life is worthy of important things!
Yet I would pay for it
My Soul’s entire income
In constant wage –
One Pearl is so rare to me
That I would dive instantly,
Although I knew it would take it
At cost of my life!
I know that the Sea is full!
Which does not stain my Gem!
It shines intact in Diadem!
Distinct in any design―
I know that the life is thick!
Yet dense crowd are not perceptible
But only Monarchs
Far down the dustiest Road!

No comments:

Post a Comment